DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
KOŚCIÓŁ ANGLIKAŃSKI W POLSCE (CHURCH OF ENGLAND IN POLAND)
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) enacted by the European Parliament and the Council and applicable Polish law.
Who are we?
Kościół Anglikański w Polsce (Church of England in Poland) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Kościół Anglikański w Polsce (Church of England in Poland) complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To operate the Kościół Anglikański w Polsce (Church of England in Poland) web site and deliver the services that individuals have requested;
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities or services being held in Warsaw, Kraków, Gdańsk and other places where we may meet;
- To share your contact details with the Diocese of Europe office so they can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services that will be occurring in the diocese and which are relevant to the role you are undertaking;
- To contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about their opinions of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Your personal data may be processed if at least one of the following conditions has been met:
1) the data subject has been baptised in the Kościół Anglikański w Polsce (Church of England in Poland) or joined the Kościół Anglikański w Polsce (Church of England in Poland) in accordance with the internal rules thereof;
2) the data subject was legally incompetent and became a member of the Kościół Anglikański w Polsce (Church of England in Poland) based on the expressed will of at least one of his or her parents or a legal guardian;
3) the data subject has regular contact with the Kościół Anglikański w Polsce (Church of England in Poland) in connection with the pursuit of its statutory goals;
4) the data subject has consented to the processing of his or her personal data, or at least one of his or her parents or a legal guardian has done so;
5) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
6) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Kościół Anglikański w Polsce (Church of England in Poland) is subject;
7) processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
8) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Kościół Anglikański w Polsce (Church of England in Poland);
9) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Kościół Anglikański w Polsce (Church of England in Poland) or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with members of the Church Council and clergy of the Church. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the parish with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the guide “Keep or Bin: Care of Your Parish Records” which is available from the Church of England website.
Specifically, we retain electoral roll data while it is still current; gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 7 years after the tax year to which they relate; and parish registers (baptisms, marriages, funerals) permanently.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Kościół Anglikański w Polsce (Church of England in Poland) holds about you;
- The right to request that the Kościół Anglikański w Polsce (Church of England in Poland) corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Kościół Anglikański w Polsce (Church of England in Poland) to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Data Protection Agency (Prezes Urzędu Ochrony Danych Osobowych (UODO)).
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please contact the Church at email@example.com
You can contact the President of the Data Protection Agency at Biuro Prezesa Urzędu Ochrony Danych Osobowych, ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warszawa, tel. 22 531 03 00, firstname.lastname@example.org.